1. Is Ulthera a laser treatment, and how does it work? Ulthera actually uses focused ultrasound to deliver energy below the skin to initiate new collagen development. After the treatment the body experiences a natural wound healing process which results in healthier collagen fibers that reduce skin laxity. Ultherapy was recently named the Best In Office Treatment in NewBeauty’s Annual Beauty Choice Awards.
2. Where can Ulthera be used? Ulthera has the first an only clearance to lift skin on the neck, under the chin, and above the brow noninvasively.
3. How long does it take to see the effects? During an Ulthera treatment multiple depths of the skin/collagen layer are treated so you can see an immediate change right after the treatment. However the full noticeable effects take place over the course of 90 days as the collagen begins to rebuild.
4. What is the treatment like? Ultherapy is a noninvasive treatment often referred to as the “Lunch-time Lift” Treatment areas are identified by the medical providers and various transducers are used on certain areas of the face based on the depth treated.
5. How much downtime will I have with this treatment? One of the biggest advantages of Ultherapy is the no down time. Patients can go about their regular busy schedule without anyone knowing they have had a treatment.
6. When should I consider having Ulthera done? Unlike other lasers who require you to avoid the sun, Ultherapy is a great treatment that can be performed year-around.
7. How long do the effects of the treatment last? Although there is no specific time scale for how long the benefits last, patients are educated on how we are making structural changes to their underlying collagen. Over time as we age, the collagen will continue to breakdown, and the same would occur with your skin and structure if you were to undergo plastic surgery for a lift.