What is Dermaplaning?
Dermaplaning is a gentle skin resurfacing treatment utilizing a special patented surgical blade to remove the top layer of skin cells. The exfoliation allows for cell renewal and also allows for better penetration of home and professional skincare products, optimizing their results. Additionally, dermaplaning also has the added bonus of temporarily removing light vellus facial hair, or "peach fuzz".
Skinique Med Spa uses Dermaplaning to perfect the skin of our clients. Dermaplaning is a non-invasive way to immediately improve the health of the skin without any downtime. It is an excellent addition to any anti-aging skincare regimen.
Benefits of Dermaplaning
- Provides deeper product penetration
- Removes soft facial hair that traps dirt and oils
- Promotes smoother skin
- Safe procedure for removing dead skin cells and "peachfuzz"
- Reduces the appearance of acne scars
- Diminishes the look of fine lines
- Works on all skin types
- Instant results and no downtime
- Can be performed prior to treatments like facials, laser, microdermabrasion, and chemical peels for better product penetration
- Helps makeup go on smoother and more evenly
- Does not make the hair grow back thicker and darker