About Laser Tattoo Removal
Laser tattoo removal is a procedure that effectively removes unwanted tattoos. At Skinique Med Spa our state of the art spectrum laser uses "Gold Standard" Q-Switched technology to remove unwanted tattoos. The dual wavelength laser targets specific ink colors.The tattoo ink is then broken down into tiny particles that are small enough so that the body's own natural immune system can flush them away.
At Skinique Med Spa we can work with almost any client to remove their tattoo. Fresh tattoos are easier to remove than old tattoos. However, your skin must heal for two months before the tattoo can be removed. Our Spectrum laser is the most effective laser for removing tattoos, especially with as many colors as you have. It will probably take at least 5 sessions to remove your tattoos.
Laser tattoo removal can be a safe and successful option for a variety of people, whether or not they're able to check off every item on this list. Curious about how your tattoo can be removed?
Quicker sessions: Sessions shouldn't be any longer than 15 to 30 minutes. We'll schedule you a new session every six to eight weeks depending on your tattoo removal needs to ensure there is ample healing time in between sessions. This also helps to avoid any long-term side effects, like scarring, which can occur if the skin hasn't had time to heal before the next treatment.
Fewer treatments: Generally, patients only require around three to seven treatments for the complete removal of their tattoo. The factors listed above will determine how many sessions you'll expect and we will discuss this with you during your consultation.
Pain Management & Downtime
- We provide cool compress and topical numbing creams as well as local anesthetics if needed. The process of removal should hurt less than getting the tattoo, however, it's not comfortable, comparable to a rubber band snapped against the skin. Many patients who have had other lasers for tattoo removal note a significant decrease in the discomfort associated with the Enlighten laser by comparison.
- Patients can return to regular activities immediately following the treatment. We recommend staying out of the sun or allowing any friction against the skin where the tattoo was. 6-8 weeks are usually required between treatments.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q Are there any side effects following the treatment?
Most patients experience redness and swelling immediately following the treatment.
These side effects are temporary.
Q Why are multiple sessions required?
Tattoo ink is deposited deep in the skin. In order to reach all of the ink in the skin, multiple treatment sessions are needed for clearance. The depth, size, and color of the tattoo also impact the number of treatments needed.
Q Will the tattoo completely disappear?
In many cases, yes. However, it is very important to know that some ink colors are more difficult to clear than others. Consult with your Enlighten provider to determine if Enlighten is right for you.
- Spectrum Laser Aesthetics removes your tattoo from your body by targeting the pigment in your tattoo with a wavelength of laser energy that's specifically designed to break it up. Once the laser energy reaches the pigment, it separates the ink particles into tiny fragments. These fragments are so small that your immune system is able to remove them naturally, flushing them from your body and restoring your skin to its natural color.
- Generally, multiple sessions are needed to completely clear the tattoo from your skin. Spectrum Laser Aesthetics can tell you what to expect once they've had the chance to look at your tattoo.
- If you've been planning a cover-up tattoo, laser tattoo removal is also effective in lightening your tattoo to ensure your new tattoo looks flawless.